The Union of Liberian Associations in the Americas (ULAA) is the umbrella group of Liberians and their various organizations in the Americas. ULAA is a voluntary, nonprofit and non-governmental organization formed on July 4, 1974 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America. The mission of ULAA is to advance the just causes of Liberians and Liberia at home and abroad.
The general principles of ULAA are to promote and encourage national reconciliation, integration and unification; preserve and protect Liberian culture, history and traditions; uphold and defend fundamental rights, including the human rights and civil liberties of Liberians everywhere; cultivate and harness the energies and resources of Liberians to improve the quality of life of all Liberians abroad; and advocate and advance the cause of constitutional democracy and sustainable national
- The Union shall promote and encourage efforts geared towards national reconciliation, integration and unification.
- The Union shall preserve and protect positive aspects of Liberian culture, history and traditions, which are consistent with national development.
- The Union shall develop and ensure that appropriate steps are taken to curb the abuse of power and the misuse of public resources, and to stamp out sectional, ethnic and corrupt practices among Liberians and within Liberian institutions everywhere.
- The Union shall mobilize and facilitate financial, material and human resources much needed by Liberians at home and abroad for their social and economic development.
- The Union shall create and provide a conducive environment for the critical examination, discussion and peaceful resolution of local, national and international issues or conflicts affecting the welfare of Liberia or Liberians everywhere.
- The Union shall consistently uphold the principles of freedom, liberty, justice and all other civil and human rights at home and abroad. The Union shall advocate and engage in activities promotive of good governance and constitutional democracy under the rule of law.
- The Union shall cultivate and harness the energies and resources of Liberians abroad, help attract foreign investments, and actively engage in the reconstruction or sustainable development of Liberia for the benefit of all Liberians. The Union shall ensure that all forms of discrimination and preferences, of one group or area over others, are resisted or eliminated and equal opportunity provided to all Liberians everywhere.
- The Union shall remain the official spokesperson of Liberians and their various communities and organizations in the Americas. The Union shall also represent the interest of Liberians in the Americas at national and international confabs anywhere…